As you all know, videos can be big as well as small. Compressed videos are easier to share because of their less file size. Also, certain services and platforms do not allow users to transfer files beyond a certain limit. If this is the case, then read on and learn how to compress videos.
Why there is a need for compression of the video?
There are plenty of reasons for doing the video compression. One of the foremost reasons is that small videos get downloaded faster compared to the big one. And the other important reason is that it doesn’t take a lot of space. If by chance, you want to share videos by mail in social networking sites, then compression shall work in case there are file size restrictions.
The method of compressing video in Windows 10
- Firstly, upload the video to the application and put the changes wherever you want.
- Then, press on Export. It shall be towards the above at the corner.
- After that, you shall be given plenty of options. For instance, small or large. Select the one that you are in need of.
The method of compressing video in iOS and MacOS
Let’s first begin with iOS. Follow the steps given below:
- Select any particular video.
- Then, press on the symbol of Export. It shall be in the middle of the row.
- After that, press on ‘Save Video’.
- Next, select the size that you need from the menu.
Now let’s move to macOS. The procedure differs a bit.
- After you are done editing the video, press the Share option. It will be towards the top at the corner of the iMovie display.
- Then, select File for exporting.
- Next, choose the size.
Note that Macbook shall save the exported file as soon you give a command for the same.
The method of compressing video in Android
If you have an Android phone or tab, then follow the stepwise directions given below to compress a video:
- Firstly, go to the Gallery application and choose the video of yours.
- Then, select the edit option. Most of the time, the word ‘Edit’ or else the symbol of pencil shall be present.
- After that, click on ‘Resolution’ or else ‘Export’ and select the resolution from the menu.
Hope you have been able to compress your video with the help of this blog.
Lucia Mandela is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Has passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Source: Compress Videos on Any Device