Google Photos is an incredible backup source designed and introduced by Google. It comes as the default backup option in many smartphones, and it has quite amazing features that are quite easy to use too. A user can start backing up files, documents, media just by signing up with a Google account. Google Photos has an unbelievable large backup space, and users can buy more space whenever they face any shortage of space on Google Photos. This backup source allows you to organize your files and media by which you can find and download it later without any inconvenience. Besides Google Photos several amazing features, users can find a specific person in photos with its face recognition feature. Many users are still not aware of this feature in Google Photos. Finding someone in photos in your Google Photos backup is as easy as it sounds. You can go through the methods I have mentioned below to do the same.
Here’s how to turn on Face Grouping
Face grouping is a special feature, and it is not available in every country of the world. Besides this, you can check if you have got the face grouping feature or not in your Google Photos account. Face Grouping is activated by default in Google Photos, and to manually activate it, follow the steps listed below:
On Android & iOS
- At first, open up the Google Photos app on your smartphone by tapping on its app icon.
- After opening up the app, sign-in into your Google account.
- Next, choose the menu and tap on it available at the top left side of the screen.
- After that, choose the Settings option and tap on it.
- Now, navigate the Group similar faces option and tap on it.
- At last, tap on the toggle switch to turn it on in your Google Photos app.
- To activate face grouping in Google Photos on your computer, follow the steps listed below:
- At first, open up the browser you are using currently on your computer.
- Now, go to the googl.com/settings.
- After that, click on the Show More option available next to Face Grouping.
- Now, click on the slider switch to turn on Face grouping in Google Photos on your computer.
Here’s how to find someone on Google Photos
To find someone in photos on Google Photos, go through the steps listed below:
On Android & iOS
- At first, open up the Google Photos app by tapping on its icon.
- Sign in to your Google account after opening up the app.
- Next, choose that search bar at the top of the screen and tap on it.
- After tapping on the search box, you will find a row of faces available in images backed up on your Google Photos.
- Tap on the face you want.
- At last, tap on Add a name or nickname on that person’s photo, and you are good to go.
- Open up the browser you are currently using on your computer.
- Go to the URL bar and type google.com/people and hit enter.
- After opening up the Google Photos, click on the person’s face, you are willing to assign a label to.
- Now, click on Add a name option available at the top of the screen.
- After labeling a name or nickname, click on Done and you are good to go.
Lucia Mandela is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Lucia has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.