Several windows users complain about the Mic not working issue on their Windows 10 PC and laptops. Without proper Microphone functionality, there are several tasks that cannot be done and users face huge inconvenience by this issue on their PC. If you are amongst the users who are facing the same issue on your Windows 10 PC, then you have come to the right place. Here are some effective solutions.
By checking the Microphone Driver on your Windows PC
It is the first and amongst the best methods to resolve this issue on your Windows 10 computer. To check the Microphone drivers on your PC, follow the steps listed below:
- Press on the Scan option.
- Now, the Driver Talent will find all the drivers and search for the microphone driver, which is the reason for this error.
- Otherwise, it will find the sound card driver on the computer.
- You will get the menu list of all the drivers which are already updated.
- You need to click on the Uninstall option.
- Press on the Uninstall option for removing the microphone driver.
- After that, press on the Repair or Update option.
- It is given in the download and update menu for downloading and installing the right drivers if you are using the Windows 10 PC.
- After fixing all the errors, now the microphone starts working properly.
- Once you have completed all these steps, you need to restart the system.
By enabling the Microphone in your Windows 10 Settings tab
Enabling the Microphone in your Windows 10 settings tab is quite essential and there are chances it has been disabled in the settings tab and causing you this issue. To fix this, follow the steps listed below:
- Start using the Windows shortcuts which include Windows and I keys.
- These keys help you to launch the Settings tab.
- Choose the Privacy option.
- Press on the Microphone option.
- It is located on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Enable the microphone.
- It is provided on the right-hand column.
- You can turn on and off the applications for using the microphone.
- You need to check whether this issue is fixed or not on your system.
By checking the Microphone in Sound Settings tab
It is another essential factor that causes this Microphone not working issue on your Windows 10 PC. It is quite essential to check the Microphone in the sound settings tab from time to time and to do the same, go through the guidelines mentioned below:
- Press the Windows and X keys together.
- Otherwise, you need to right-click on the Start option.
- Choose the Control Panel menu.
- Press on the Sound option.
- It will launch the prompt box.
- Select the Recording option.
- This option helps you to search for the Microphone by going to the menu list of all the recording devices.
- After getting it, you need to right-click on the menu list.
- Choose the Show Disabled Devices option.
- After that, you need to right-click on the Microphone.
- Choose the Enable option.
- Choose the Microphone option.
- Press on the Set Default option.
- This option is located below the menu list.
- By going to the Sound prompt box, choose the Microphone.
- Press on the Properties option.
- Select the Levels option.
- It is given in the Microphone Properties prompt menu.
- Put the volumes to the higher value.
- Select the Enhancements option.
- It is provided in the prompt box.
- Select the Disable all sound effects option.
- Press on the OK button after completing all this procedure.
By using the Windows Troubleshooter
Using Windows Troubleshooter is usually amongst the last options users have to resolve such issues. Windows Troubleshooter is a Windows built-in utility that has the capability of fixing this issue too. To run the Windows troubleshooter, follow the guidelines listed below:
- Go to the Control Panel menu.
- Choose the Troubleshoot option.
- Press on the Troubleshoot audio recording option.
- It is given below the Hardware and Sound option.
- Press on the Next option.
Lucia Mandela is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Has passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.